Leadless Technology: Features and Their Benefits
Silicon-on-Insulator (SOI) Sensors – No P-N Junctions
- High temperature capability – Continuous operation at temperatures up to 1000°F (538°C).
- Insensitive to EMI – Devices with no other, active electronic components will operate in a field of 200 Volts per meter.
- Insensitive to ESD
Integrated Sensor of Mono-Crystalline Silicon
- High reliability – Calculated MTBF of three million (3,000,000) hours for the sensor itself.
- No hysteresis
- High Accuracy – The typical static error band – inclusive of non-linearity, hysteresis and repeatability – of a Kulite pressure sensor is less than point one percent of full scale (0.1%FS).
Leadless Sensors the Elimination of Gold Leads and Associated Mechanical Joints
- High tolerance to shock and vibration
- High temperature capability
- Small size and low weight – Sensor sizes from .030 x .030 through .1 x .1 inch allow for ultra-miniature packages.
- Low sensitivity to the effects of vibration and acceleration – The very low mass of these ultra-miniature sensing elements translates into very high natural frequencies. The low mass also renders them mechanically insensitive to shocks and vibrations until these reach very high levels.
- In addition, Kulite has developed and patented a new sensor which eliminates the effects of extremely high vibration on the output signal of the transducer.