- The Contracts Attorney position is meant for a self-starter whose primary focus will be contract drafting, negotiation, and administration from beginning to end. Successful candidate must be willing and able to gain detailed knowledge of the company's business operations, industry and oversight requirements.
- Responsibilities include drafting, negotiate, review, and process legal documents and all types of contracts from all stakeholders of the business, including confidentiality agreements, purchase and supply agreements, distribution agreements, pricing contracts, and other agreements. Counsel on various aspects of federal government prime and sub-contracting.
- Analyze and provide legal advice about interpretation of existing agreements, transaction structuring, enforcement, risk assessment, legal and regulatory compliance and corporate policies.
- Provide legal support to upper management and sales teams with dispute-resolution activities with vendors, customers and contractors. Coordinate and assist in developing policies, procedures and systems to support and facilitate efficient contract development and analysis. Coordinate with external legal counsel to analyze legal and regulatory issues.
- Monitor the legal environment and trends concerning the contracts areas; continually improve templates to ensure compliance; perform other duties as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Experience representing clients on contract matters, some exposure to contracts litigation is a plus. Knowledge of international contract law, public contract law, Uniform Commercial Code. Experience working with and advising business clients directly. Ability to appropriately balance legal and business risks.
- Highly motivated, detailed oriented individual who can work independently and proactively with minimal supervision. J.D. from an accredited law school with excellent academic credentials. Clerkship preferred but not required. A minimum of 0 – 2 years as a practicing attorney. Bar admission in New Jersey. Bar admission can be pending.
- Familiarity with broad customer contractual matters preferred.
Due to federal defense contract requirements, Kulite is required to restrict employment without an export license to U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugees, asylees and lawful temporary residents. (Lawful temporary resident status was granted for a limited time to individuals who applied for amnesty authorized by the IRCA of 1986.)
Kulite Semiconductor Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Matching 401(K) Plan. M/F/Disabled/Veterans/AA/EOE/LGBT
This position is located at our Leonia, NJ World Headquarters.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
If breakthrough technology excites you. If collaborating with brilliance inspires you. If working for a global leader entices you, then Kulite is for you.
Kulite Semiconductor Products Inc., the leading name in the transducer industry, is a woman-owned business with world headquarters conveniently located just outside of New York City. Its 200,000 square foot, three-building campus in Leonia, New Jersey is home to the nation’s best and brightest scientists, engineers and administrators.
If you’re looking for a challenging career with a company that believes its greatest asset is its employees. That excellence and customer service go hand-in-hand with being an industry leader. And that a positive and productive work environment is paramount, we’d love to learn more about you.
Globally recognized as the leading name in transducer technology, Kulite Semiconductor Products, Inc. maintains its edge with innovative research, ingenious designs and forward-thinking minds.
Kulite, which boasts over 400 patents, has developed high-performance, state-of-the-art custom and stock products, including pressure transducers for extreme and harsh environmental conditions in myriad fields and industries around the world. Kulite’s ongoing investment in research and development has led to the pioneering of new sensing technologies as well as the improvement of existing products in the aerospace, automotive, military, marine and process control industries.
As the premier supplier, designer and manufacturer of both commercial and military aircraft applications, Kulite single-handedly revolutionized the pressure transducer for the aerospace industry. The company’s time-tested technology translates to other forms of transportation as well. Working in tandem with automotive engineers, Kulite designs transducers for testing and measuring pressure for the competitive racing circuits of Formula One and IndyCar.